Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chocolate Monster

I'll just eat a couple of the kid's jelly beans. One little peep won't hurt. They won't notice if a little ear off their chocolate bunny is gone. These are the things I keep telling myself each time I walk past the Easter baskets. Just one jelly bean has turned into more then I want to admit. Today, I officially put all the evil leftover candy away. Out of sight, out of mind

I also have a sugar monster in my house. Most of the time he goes by "Owen" but he is truly addicted to sugar. This morning he came over and sat with me on the couch and I could smell chocolate on his breath. I asked him "Owen, have you been eating chocolate?" He said "No" and gave me a big Owen smile that told me the whole truth. Maybe I'm not the only one that has been sneaking a little candy here and there out of the Easter baskets? My little chocolate monster has been at work. When Owen was two years old we were singing a song about people we loved. I would sing the verse and I was having the kids name a person they loved. It goes like this "Shimmery dinky, dinky doo, Shimmery dinky, dinky doo, I love Grandma (fill in the blank here). We had named Daddy, Bridger, and all the grandparents and when it was Owen's turn he said "cha cha". I asked him "Who is cha cha?" He kept saying cha cha over and over until I finally figured it out. Chocolate. He loves chocolate. My little sugar monster. I had to laugh.



Easter at the Dahl house was wonderful. Daddy was home. He took his boys fishing and we spent time together as a family. It was so nice to have us all together. On Sunday, we went out to Josh and Chelsea's home for Easter dinner. We had such a good time. Chelsea is Ron's cousin. They have two little kiddos close to Gabe and Owen's age. The boys played all afternoon and had a ball

Here are some memories of dying Easter eggs and then finding them.




No comments:

Post a Comment