Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gabe's post about our nature walk

We were walking around the lake once and then when we got past the park then we saw a turtle.  Putting his head up out of the water.  But, we didn't try to catch it or anything.

Well, we scared the turtle away but then we saw a duck. And, she was sitting on her eggs.  We didn't see the eggs.  We just knew that she was sitting on eggs.  Do you know how we knew that the mama duck was sitting on eggs?  Because she wasn't eating, sleeping, or doing anything else.  I am very smart.  I told everyone that the mama duck was sitting on her eggs.


And, then.  The daddy duck came over to put stuff in the nest.  He didn't bother the mama because he didn't want to bother the eggs.  I know a lot about nature.  That is because my dad knows a lot about science and he told me all about ducks.


 This is me watching the ducks.  You can see part of my dad but not the whole thing.  He is just thinking about when he needs to get back to the grill.  He was cooking and I am thinking about chasing the ducks.  I don't want to hurt the mama duck because she is sitting on her eggs.  If I get near the geese that have eggs or ducklings that means they will charge and attack us.


This is me.  Well, on the other picture you couldn't see my face and this is my whole face.  It's fun learning about stuff.





1 comment:

  1. Love it! I need to let Robby post one of his explorations sometime. How cool!

    Kris, you need to link up next Friday for the Five Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama. It's always fun to go off on a prompt for just five minutes....and yours was great in my comments. Just click on the link to it on my page if you forget where to go! Take care.

    ReplyDelete