Saturday, October 27, 2012

Covered in white




The snow falls all around us.  Last night it snowed two inches and we awoke to our world much changed.  Covered in white, glistening, glowing, reminding me of change.   Change that takes your breath away because it happens so fast.

While everything outside changes and we welcome winter, I feel the changes inside also.  The tightening muscles of a contraction.  A pink diaper bag packed and ready, a new car seat sitting in the hallway.   Reminders of the change that is coming.


This change again takes my breath away.  Sometimes feeling excited.  Sometimes scared.  Knowing that it all happens too fast and at the same time not fast enough. Waiting each day for our little girl who will touch each of our lives. 

I embrace this time.  This time of waiting.   I look out across my yard covered in snow and welcome the changes.  I welcome them because I know above everything else this is God's will for our family.  Through all the change and the fear and struggle, in end this is all that really matters. 

Winter has come and with it is bringing new life into our family.  And, like the snow outside my window we are covered in God's blessings.

P.S.

Please pray for my family.  A safe delivery.  And, for the days ahead as we welcome our little girl home.     




1 comment:

  1. You are on my mind so much, Kris! Sending many prayers and much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete