Friday, June 19, 2015

Summertime in wyomng



The kind of heat that burns your lungs when you take a breath and scorches your feet when you walk down the driveway to take the garbage out.   The heat of the desert is unexplainable until you live here in it.   It is truly like God opens an oven door and refuses to shut it.


When my temperature gauge reads 111 degrees, I know it is time to pack the kids up and head to Wyoming.   To green grass, mountains, and cool summer nights.  We all look forward to our summer trip to Wyoming.

As Byran and I drive across the Rocky Mountains and our temperature gauge starts to drop, I start to feel at home.    These are some of our first glimpses of the Colorado Mountains.   And as we drove past them I take a deep breath of cool air and thankfulness fills my heart.


We are so very blessed to be able to spend so much time in Wyoming with our families and we couldn't wait to start our summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment