Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sense of Purpose

Here I am sitting in my new home in Thornton, CO. It's our second day in our new home by ourselves and I'm sitting feeling many different emotions. It was so hard to leave our home in Sheridan. It makes me sad to think about all that I left behind. But even more then sadness I feel a quiet resolve to make the best of our situation for my family. While my heart mourns for my house, my mom, my sister, my friends....the life that I made in Sheridan.... no tears are falling from my eyes. This sadness isn't overtaking me because a sense of purpose has filled my heart. A sense of purpose to make this place a home for my husband and kiddos.
The knowledge that God has a purpose in our move brings a quiet peace that overtakes the dark cloud of grief that I'm afraid to fall into. I know that moving to Colorado has a purpose bigger then me and what I want and desire. This brings me peace and a small sense of joy.
So instead of moping around each day we are going to go out exploring our new city. Yesterday, we went to Gabe's new school and then to the library. We had a fun afternoon together. Today, we will go to the recreation center and maybe even swim. Who knows who we will meet or what we will see?

I'm leaving this post with some memories of my going away party in Sheridan. My sister and friends put together a little get together at the park and I had a really good time. Thanks, Megan and Regan for the wonderful afternoon. Thanks, Dara for taking the pictures.










No comments:

Post a Comment