Friday, December 17, 2010

The Lake

I've always wanted to live on a lake.  When we moved to Thornton, I got my wish.  We live on a beautiful little lake called Hunter's Glen.  The view from my dining room table is amazing.  Everyday I look out at the lake with the mountains in the background.  But, this lake is much more then just a beautiful place to look at.  It has also been our entertainment since we have lived here.

The boys and I walk Bridger around the lake at least once a day.  On our walks we always see lots of wildlife including ducks, geese, muskrats, and kingfishers.   There are several small beaches where we can throw rocks for Bridger and there is also a small park on the other side of lake.  The boys always stop to go down the slide and swing for a few minutes.

Gabriel learned to ride his two wheeler around our lake.  Owen also loves to ride his bike and sometimes he rides his scooter.  Eli loves our walks also.  He sits in the stroller and enjoys the view.

Here are the boys playing outside our condo.


Here we are on our morning walk.

I am thankful and blessed that we have such a wonderful place to live.  And as I look out at our lake as I'm writing this I'm filled with this thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment