Monday, October 3, 2011

An afternoon of Polo

An afternoon at the polo field.  Riding horses, playing stick and ball, and enjoying the breathtaking scenery.  It doesn't matter how many times I have been out to the polo field.  The view never gets old.  It is just spectacular!  This is a picture taken from the club house.

After Poncho was saddeled and ready to go, Gabe wanted to ride first.  He always wants to ride first.  We pulled the stool over and my little cowboy crawled up on Poncho without help.  He took the reins and said "see you in a minute, mom".   "What"?  "Were are you going?" I cried.  "Mom, can't I ride over to the club house by myself"?  he said  Um....this question I wasn't prepared to answer.  Was I ready for him to ride down the field by himself?  I took a deep breath and said "Sure", just like it was no big deal.  And, I watched my little boy ride away....all by himself.


Then, I watched him ride back.  He did great.  And, from that moment, all he wanted to do was ride by himself across the field.  I still can't believe what a good horseman he has turned out to be.


Owen loves to ride also and even though he can't ride by himself yet, he still loves it!  Here he is learning how to use the reins.



Amaya's riding skills have also impressed me.  When it is her turn to ride, Gabe wants to ride also!

 I can't leave out our up and coming polo star....Miss Adaline Cook.  Here she is practicing stick and ball.


No comments:

Post a Comment