Saturday, November 19, 2011

Football

I tried to convince Gabriel that he should take soccer.  "No, mom, I want to take football".  Every so often over the summer, I would try and dissuade him by asking "Are you sure you want to do football, soccer would be so much fun".   He finally put his foot down and informed me that he was going to play football...NOT SOCCER and, I relented and signed him up.

He was pretty disappointed when he found out that his age group only played flag football.    But, he arose to the occasion and played with a lot of enthusiasm....Gabe syle.  Running, blocking, and passing the football.  It was fun to watch him.

During the last game of the season, Gabe was the featured half back.  He played his heart out and, he made a touch down.  It was so exciting to watch him run all the way down the field with the ball.  I screamed like a crazy mother "Go, Gabe Go"!


And at the end of a very exciting game, a trophy was awarded and two friends came to celebrate.  And, I decided that football may be better than soccer.  Just maybe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment