Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Peek a boo

I have a few moments before I run and get the boys from school.  A few moments in which to decide how best to use my time.   I thought I would unpack a few boxes (it's what a really should be doing). These boxes are still everywhere surrounding me like little mountains.

Eli yells at me from behind the couch. "Peek a boo" he says.



I smile.  Boxes?  Who has time for boxes?  We play peek a boo for several minutes and I long to feel my camera between my fingers.  To just snap a few shots of this moment today.  This moment that I choose peek a boo over a cardboard box filled with "stuff".



A moment of joy in my day.  My two year old son with his favorite hat, peeking from behind the couch.  Laughing that belly laugh when I find him.  Hearing both our laughter and it sounds like pure joy.

I also have to comment on Eli's hat.  He has been wearing it nonstop for several weeks.  It was Bryan's hat when he was a little boy.  A souvenir from Disney Land....that is still being cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment