Monday, November 4, 2013

A taste of Halloween


Cooking soothes my soul.   I love to stand in my kitchen surrounded by my measuring cups, cutting boards, and mixing bowls.  Creating something special for my family to eat.


And, cooking with my boys brings me a special kind of joy.  It's a way to spend time together and accomplish something.  Something sweet and wonderful and full of love.




So, we picked a holiday treat to make and we spent the afternoon together in the kitchen.



While my boys love to cook.  My little girl doesn't quite understand.  She stands at my feet always wanting to be held and see what is going on.   I hold her until my arms hurt and let the boys finish our creation.


Then, the boys help me put out the Halloween decorations.   







After all our fall preparations.  We sat in the kitchen enjoying a caramel apple surrounded by spiders, and pumpkins, and kitty cats.    A perfect afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment