Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Family Football

Some people are passionate.   Passionate about life.  They find something and live for it.   They talk about it.   They think about it.   It consumes all they do.  I am very jealous of people that can find their passion.      It brings a light to their life that nothing else can.


And, yet I know that the true blessing is that I get to share in their joy.  

I have gotten to spend hours and hours on the banks of rivers and lakes watching my children grow.    Watching my husband become an expert angler who can catch fish no matter where we are.

I have gotten to spend hours and hours on the polo field spending time with my family.  Watching my dad become an expert polo player against all odds.

I have waited patiently hours and hours for my boys to return from hunting.   I have gotten to listen to stories and experience it through their voice and life.  Watching my father in law as he takes all his grandchildren hunting every year.

And now, Gabriel has discovered football.   In his own way.   He embraces it with everything he has.   His eyes sparkle with that football in his hands.   When he talks about his team the words tumble out of his mouth because he can hardly contain his excitement.  You will not see him without a football in his hands, begging his little brothers to play with him.



Because of his passion we all get to experience it, as a family.  

 
We spend every Friday night at practice and all day Saturday at his games.   

We make our way to our local common area and practice in our spare time.




We get to learn and grow and love this game that Gabriel has embraced.


And, it's in these times that we discover the real blessing.   The blessing of each other.  The blessing of this precious time and place and how we can truly embrace it for all it has to offer.


And, when our arms grow tired from throwing and catching.  From running play after play we just might decide to climb a tree and soak in the desert sun.  Because we have discovered the true joy in this very moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment