Thursday, October 29, 2015

Amazing Grace

My sweet Grace is 3 today.


Everyday she amazes me.   I love her free spirit.   I love her messiness.   I love her all things princess and pink.   I love that she wears party dresses and wrestles and sword fights with her brothers.


  From the moment she arrived I was amazed.  Amazed that God's plans are always so much better than mine.

Because deep in my heart, I always wanted a little girl.   I secretly dreamed about having a daughter.   As each little boy arrived my secret wish was tucked deeper in my heart as I embraced being the mommy of boys.   My heart opened and grew with each one and I was content to be the mama of boys. I was so excited for another little boy.   I didn't know any different and it felt so right.  Yet, God knew and caught me by surprise.
 

 She arrived with all things pink and I adored her.   What were we going to do with a little girl?  We were all a little tentative except Owen.   Owen adored Grace like nothing I have ever seen.  He held her and loved her like only a big brother could.   Their connection was instant.


 As she grew we were all amazed.


 Her smile brightened every room.   No one could ever be grouchy when Gracie smiled at them with those two bottom teeth.   From the moment she could walk she was running after her big brothers.  Never slowing down because she was too little.


 
 Always in a dress as cute as could be!!   You never knew Grace was just a toddler.  To her she was just one of the boys.


 
 With energy and fire and life.  Grace changed our world.
 

 


 Happy Birthday, princess Grace.   Never forget that you are God's gift of amazing grace to each of us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment