Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Babies in the mountains

Almost 6 years ago when I was pregnant with Gabriel, Bryan and I went camping. I told Bryan that I wasn't going to let being pregnant stop me from doing all the things I enjoy. I didn't think that it would be a big deal to be 7 months pregnant and go camping for 3 days....BOY was I wrong. About an hour after being at the campsite I quickly realized that there wasn't anywhere that I could get comfortable. Then, I had to go to the bathroom. I wasn't able to squat and balance with a 5 lb. baby inside my belly. My good friend Amy came to my rescue but after that I promised myself, no more camping for awhile! Things were going to change and I had to accept that.

Here we are 6 years later and Bryan and I still haven't gone camping. We have thought about it and came to our senses rather quickly. Things are certainly different then they used to be but we have adjusted and do our best to continue to enjoy the mountains.

The Dahls, Cooks, and Grandma B decided to go up to the mountian for the afternoon. This little trip was perfect for a newborn, 7 month old baby, and 3 other children. This is as far as we get to camping these days.

Here are some precious moments of the babies enjoying the beautiful mountain air.

Eli enjoying the fire with some graham crackers

Diaper change time in the wild!


Two buddies

Adaline slept most of the day but we all got to cuddle with her

No comments:

Post a Comment