Thursday, July 15, 2010

Green Thumb

I kill every plant within 5 feet of me. Inside plants, outside plants. I just don't have a green thumb and I don't enjoy taking care of plants. It's kind of weird because having a green thumb runs in my family. My aunt had the most beautiful gardens I had ever seen. I remember as a little girl standing in her garden surrounded by the most fragrant smells and gorgeous flowers. She was so talented. My mom is also a very talented gardener. Every house she has ever lived in had beautiful flower beds.

When I moved into our home 3 years ago, I told myself that I was going to really try and have a flower bed. Two summers went by and I just couldn't find the time to work out in the yard. A once established flower bed turned very quickly into weeds.


This year I had more time. The kids and I play out in the yard and I water and pull weeds. I'm amazed because my flower bed doesn't look like a weed bed. I have really nice roses and daisies and other varieties that I can't name. I'm darn proud of myself. I have a flower bed. Here it is.









No comments:

Post a Comment