Thursday, January 6, 2011

Quiddich

Quiddich, you know the game that Harry Potter plays with the broom sticks and the golden snitch.  Gabriel is currently obsessed with Harry Potter, so we play a lot of Quiddich at my house.  The boys get on their broomsticks and start making laps around the house, chasing each other and "the golden snitch".  They use spiderman toys and put them on pencils (for brooms) and play quiddich this way.  Or they go upstairs to the gaming table and play with their lego Quiddich toys.  They can play this game for hours.

One afternoon, Owen decided to go outside with his broomstick and play Quiddich.  As he was running around playing his game he met some really nice older people who were taking a walk.  After talking with them a little bit he kept riding his broomstick and playing his game.  I decided to go outside to see how he was doing and the older couple came over to me laughing.  I introduced myself to them and they told me that I had the cutest little boy in the world.  The lady said she had asked Owen "Is that your horse that your riding"?  Owen looked at her like she was crazy and said "No, this is my broomstick" and kept right on riding. Owen thought, come on lady, can't you see that I'm riding a broomstick, not a horse.  She laughed and laughed.  After I thought about it, I realized that most little boys would be pretending they were riding a horse, not playing Quiddich on a real broomstick.

Eli has also decided he wants to play Quiddich.  They boys go upstairs to play their game and Eli wants to go with them.  I usually don't allow him to play because the lego pieces are to small and I'm afraid he will eat them.  This little man is determined not to be left out.  So, I pulled a chair over for him and allowed him get up at the table with his brothers.  You should have seen the smile on his face.  He was so proud of himself and so happy to be part of the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment