Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An ordinary day

Today is an average day in the Dahl household.  A normal school day filled with growing, learning, and fun.  My day started early.  Before the sun turned the sky orange, Bridger and I walk around the lake.  Early in the morning, I can let Bridger run free.  He loves to run.  He bounds down the path with his ears flying in the wind and he tail wagging.  And as I walk around the lake, I think about my boys and the day we had ahead of us.  A quiet peace came over me as I realized how much I look forward to my day.  A quiet joy settled into my heart as I thought of my husband, my boys, and our life together.

When I arrive back at the house, I head into the kitchen to make breakfast for my three munchkins.  Today it was oatmeal with cuties and apple juice.  At about 6:30, I hear 4 little feet running down the stairs.  The boys are up and ready to start their day.  Before they will even consider breakfast they have to find their light sabors and have one short battle. The battle for good and evil has begun.   I let them play for a few minutes, before I remind them that breakfast is on the table and needs to be eaten.  This is the first of many warnings to finish eating.  They would much rather be playing or telling a story then to actually be eating.  Eventually, breakfast is eaten and it's time to get ready for school.   As we were walking up the the stairs, I can hear little Eli saying "Upa, Upa, Upa".  Which means get me out of this crib!

It's 7:30.  All three boys are in the car.  Ready to take Gabe to school.  Owen is going to a playdate with his friends Jake and Nate.  He asks me, "mom can we just go to straight to Nate's".  No, I say,"we have to take your brother to school."  Thankfully, he is satisfied with this and we are on our way.  Gabe is dropped off at school.  Owen at Nate's.   I have Eli to myself for three whole hours.

Eli and I pay some basketball, read a little story, and fold a lot of laundry.  The time flies and it's time to go and get the boys.  Bridger needs another walk so we walk to the school and pick up Gabe and Owen.  Next up, lunch and more laundry.  I make some mac and cheese and peas.  This is a favorite lunch and I don't hear any whining (which I am very thankful for).  After lunch, we decide to play a little golf.  All the boys take their clubs out to the lake and they play golf for about an hour before it's time for Eli's nap.

And, here we are.  Eli is napping.  The boys are playing a game of Star Wars and I'm working a little on the computer.  Again, I smile with a quiet peace knowing my day and all that is in it is perfect.

Here is a picture of the boys waiting for their lunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment