Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

I received an invitation last week to attend a tea at Gabe's school.  So, bright and early on Wednesday morning, I went to Gabe's school, checked into the office and headed to his classroom for a Mother's Day Tea.


Gabe was so excited.  You could see is eyes sparkling.   First, he brought me a gift.  And, the moment I saw it, I knew it was something very special.  It was a book that he had made just for me.  I knew he had spent a lot of time thinking about me because the front cover was covered in green flowers.  He knew that I would love the flowers and he remembered that my favorite color is green. 

My book said:

Things I love about my mom:  She lets me help.  She reads my Owl Book.  

This just made my day.  It made me smile because these are things that I love to do with Gabe also. I love that he helps me so much around the house and I love reading to him.  We are currently reading the book "The Capture" from the Legends of Ga'Hoole about owls.  And, one of my favorite parts of the day is curling up with Gabriel on the couch and reading a chapter or two.

Things I love to do with my mom:  I like to go to the pizza restaurant with my mom.

This was a special trip that the boys and I took into downtown Denver.  We went to a pizza restaurant and had dinner with our friend Tonya.  It was a special trip and we all had a great time.

Things my mom loves:  She loves to ride roller coasters!

Something I want my mom to know:  I love roller coasters too.

And, lastly it really touched my heart that Gabriel remembered how much I loved that darn roller coaster in Sea World.  And, it was special because we rode it together.  Then, I remembered that he didn't like it one little bit in fact, it terrified him and he didn't understand why I liked it so much.  But, my sweet Gabriel wanted me to know that he liked it because I liked it.  Simple as that.  What a sweet gesture that only I would see.   I will truly cherish this little book forever because it says so much about Gabriel and I and what we share.

After I read my book we were served tea and biscuits.  Gabriel was the perfect host getting everything I needed and taking special care of me while I was in his classroom.  It was truly a special day to remember.  Thank you so much, Gabriel!








1 comment:

  1. Kris, that is precious! During a quick children's service yesterday at the front of the church, the kids were asked what something was that they loved about their mom. My two older ones struggled to think of one. :) I'm going to blame it on being put on the spot in front of the church (lol). But I absolutely know what that would do to a mama's heart to hear such precious things from your son's heart.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving kind words. I miss you,too!

    ReplyDelete