Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ABC's

I don't ever want to forget Eli, age 2.  The age he LOVED letters.   The age when all he wanted to do was hear, see, and touch letters.

Age 2, where Eli sings the ABC song at least 20 times a day....all by himself.  Where he not only knows all his letters but, also says the sound of each.


On this day, he has convinced our neighbor, Benny, to write "his" letters all over our driveway....for an hour.  Benny was so patient with him as he wrote the alphabet over and over again.

And, there are times when saying his letters isn't so cute!  Like when my sister came to visit me the other night.  Her and Adaline slept in Eli's room and Eli slept with me.  Right before he drifted off to sleep, I coughed and he said "bless you, mommy".  My heart melted as I drifted into sleep because he is to precious and I was so relieved that he was going right to bed.

Until 2:00 in the morning.  At this hour when most normal people are sleeping, Eli is awake in his crib singing the ABC song.   And, after he sings the ABC song, he talks about Elmo. Oh, let me tell you the fact that he knows all his letters is NOT so cute in the middle of the night. 


My only question is....we have three more years until Kindergarten....since he knows all of his letters, numbers, shapes, and colors..... what are we going to do for the next three years?  I guess we will have to take it day by day....letter by letter.

1 comment:

  1. he sounds a lot like my little aiden :) perhaps they will be writers, one day?

    ReplyDelete