Friday, April 27, 2012

HER big fish

My 10 year old niece.  My beautiful, Amaya.  So much like me, that it shocks me at times.  My sister and I often talk of how Amaya was just like me at 10 years old.

Nose always in a book.  Room a mess.  Sweet and kind.  Sensitive and loving.  Stubborn and purposeful.  Prefer to be laying on a couch with a book in hand and the TV blaring.   But, not afraid to get outside and get dirty when the opportunity arose.

Amaya was excited to go spend the day with her cousins fishing at Mark's pond.  She was determined to catch "a big one".

As the boys played by the shore, Amaya stood with her Uncle Shrek by the pole....waiting.  She was not going to let it get away.  It was her turn to catch the big fish.  She had seen to many "big fish" pictures with the boys.



Her perseverance paid off.  She watches her pole bend and yells for Uncle Shrek.  She starts to reel, not quite sure what to expect.


With much effort and many giggles, she reeled in a fish that would top the boys any day.


Now, she is hooked.  And, like her Aunt will love fishing someday just as much as she loves her favorite book. 


To end the day, there was still time to put her feet in the water and get some girl time as he boys continued to fish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment