Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little Fisherman

On this day, at Mark's pond, my camera captured images that will forever be cherished.  Moments that would be easily forgotten. But, are captured by my lens so I will have them forever.


The moment that Eli started reeling his daddy's pole for the first time, with his daddy patiently showing him how to do it.  And, then waiting, waiting for that bite.....

A moment when the fish is landed and he isn't quite sure what to think as his daddy encourages him that this is what life is all about.  You can hear the excitment in daddy's voice...."Look, Eli you caught a fish.  Good job".

As daddy is continuing to encourage, you can see Eli's posture relax and he smiles, looking at his catch.  This is the moment my little boy turned into fisherman.  No longer afraid of a slimy, wet, scaley fish....only excited that he gets to touch it.

As the hook is taken out and the moment ends.....I put down my camera so we can hold the fish together.  (I can't let daddy have all the fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment