Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fathers Day

Father's day.  Bryan is up before me.  I hear his voice and say a simple prayer for him.  A prayer of thankfulness for a man that gives everything to his family.  A man that has devoted his entire life to us.  A man that I love more with every year that passes.  A man that is the father of our four children.

We spend some beautiful time together on the couch just talking while the two little boys sleep.  Talking about whatever comes to our mind.  We cherish these moments when we can just sit and enjoy each other.   I soon fall asleep.   I fall asleep and listen to the noises around the house.  Bryan in the kitchen.  The boys running around playing Ninjago.   I treasure the moments as I go in and out of consciousness.

So much relaxation leads to a decision to load up the car and head fishing.  As I pack the cooler and extra clothes, Bryan packs the fishing poles and chairs.  We are headed to spend sometime outdoors as a family.  I just love trips....of any kind.  I can leave the house behind and be outside where nothing else matters.

We drive to Crystal lake near Cheyenne and step out of the Tahoe.  The wind almost blows us away.  We decide to stay.  Tough it out.  The boys play in the mud.  They throw sticks and rocks in the water.  We munch on sandwiches and pistachios. We just let the time pass.  The wind continues to blow us until we decide to call it a day and climb back in the Tahoe.


Not without our prize fish for the day. 


And, a few more pictures to capture our moments on this Father's day.  A day to be thankful for a man who gives us so much.  One that makes his own breakfast and then allows his wife to sleep on the couch most of the morning.  A man each of us dearly loves.

So, Happy Father's day, Daddy.  We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment