Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 27th 2011

Early morning.  Bryan is out the door by 7:00.  Gabe and I are on the couch reading his book.  Owen is in the kitchen, Eli is asleep.  Gabe and I read for a half an hour.  Uninterrupeted time that I cherish.  I don't yell for Owen because it feels so nice to just snuggle and read with Gabe.  I just read and read as long as I can.

When Owen arrives on the couch he informs us that he has cut his hair.  I give him a huge hug and tell him that we will have to work on it to "even it out".  Inside, I want to scream "Why would you do that?"  But, I have learned not to get upset about these things.....I have learned from experience.
 
Poor Gabriel, he is my experiment.  When he cut his hair (to look like Harry Potter) he got an ear full from me.  I was so angry that he would do such a thing!


So, Owen got a new haircut.  I do like it!  It's growing on me anyway.

After haircuts and breakfast it was time for a little craft time.  I took another deep mommy breath as I drug out the paints....reminding myself that there will be messes and it's OK.

All the boys (including our neighbor Daniel) wanted to draw Ninjas.  OK then, Ninjas it will be (another deep breath).  They painted and painted until all the paper was filled with Ninjas of different colors.




All while, a little brother looked on with interest.  Not wanting to join the painting party just watching and soaking it all in.

Craft time doesn't last to long around here.  After clean up the boys decided to jump into their suits and head outside into the sprinkler.  Running around in the water is really more their style.

As I watched them running through the water I thought about how unexpected my day had been so far.  Haircuts, ninjas, and sprinklers.....not what I would have planned.   But, it seemed just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. You handled that hair incident very well. When Alexa cut her hair, at about three-years-old, she came running upstairs exclaiming that now she looked like Cinderella! How can you kill that kind of joy?! Sounds like a great summer day!

    ReplyDelete