Monday, June 11, 2012

Gratitude in June

There are no pictures today.  There is no time to find my camera, download the pictures, and post them.

There are no pictures but there is a summer day.  There are three blond boys tanned from the sun.  There is a little baby growing and making it harder for me to get up and down the stairs.  There is a loving husband who works for his family everyday without complaining.  And there is love.  The sacrificial kind of love that only comes because we have each other.  It makes us all stronger.

Out of this loves comes my gratitude.  Gratitude for the little things that make up my day.


A two year old who says NO.....to everything

Turkey sandwiches and cherries for dinner

 Small kicks felt from our new baby

A messy car that has a strange rotten milk smell

A belly laugh at my husband

The stacks of clothes I step over to get to my bed

The cool June night air

Neighbors that share my cul de sac

Choclate chip cookies stolen out of my cookie jar

A baseball mit left on the counter after practice

The tapping of computer keys as three boys sleep soundly upstairs

A husband asleep on the couch


Out of this gratitude comes joy.  Joy for even the things that aren't perfect..just the ordinary things that are a miracle in themselves.




2 comments:

  1. Kris, you have such a beautiful heart!

    Have you heard of Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts? and her blog, A Holy Experience? I think you have. Anyway, this post would be perfect to link up with her Multitude on Mondays...counting gifts of gratitude.

    I'm just thinking of it because #1, I think you'd really enjoy her writing and #2 because I want more people to see your beautiful heart here, and link-ups help with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Theresa! I have heard of Ann's blog but, have not read her book. I will go on there today. Thank you again! Have a wonderful day with those beautiful kiddos of yours!

      Delete