Monday, March 11, 2013

Focus

It's one of those nights.  One of those nights when you fall asleep naked at the dinner table after eating your goldfish.  You just lay down on the bench and call it good.



I am reading to Owen and I look up and ask "Where is Eli"?  I yell downstairs to Gabe and Bryan and ask if they have seen Eli. It takes me awhile to find him and when I do.  I smile.  A smile of relief and contentment.  I run to get my camera so I can remember the night I found Eli asleep at the bench.

I'm afraid these days that I am missing so much.  It's that fog of motherhood that makes everything so unclear.  I'm so busy, that I miss the funny, little things.  I'm so exhausted that I don't see what is going on around me.  Taking pictures helps remind me of the things that happen during the day.  The things that I don't want to forget.


My little girl in her fuzzy white hat.  A hat made by her Great Grandmother Choo Choo.  A hat I will put her in as often as I can because it means a lot to me.


Two little boys writing their letters.  Writing their letters and being so proud of themselves that they have to show me each one.


A best friend who comes over to play.  The one sure thing that brings a smile to Owen's face...a playdate with Jake.


A little girl who has found her toys.  Toys that will entertain her while I fix dinner.


A little boy who help me so much with his little sister.  Holding her, carrying her, playing with her.  He is such a big help to me.  An amazing big brother.



So as I wade through the fog of this time, I will continue to take pictures so that I can look back and remember and just maybe things will be more in focus this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment