Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My reward

My projects are never completed.  My paycheck never arrives.  I don't ever get a day off. 

But, there are trade offs.

Things that I get to do everyday that makes this job worthwhile.

Like....


Making pancakes for a 3 year old....Just so I can see a smile on his face first thing in the morning.


Watch a big brother hold his tired little sister while I finish an important project.


Help my little boys paint a beautiful masterpiece.


Dress my little girl in fuzzy purple pajamas.


And, supervise her while she puts everything, everything into her mouth.


And, now that everyone is in bed, I will take a few moments and enjoy the quiet.  Knowing that this is my reward today and tomorrow will be even better.

4 comments:

  1. Kris, I am so thankful for e-mail notifications, also that you included the URL for your blog in your comment, b/c your comment never showed up on my blog...only as an e-mail notification. And, oh, your comment blessed me so! I'm just tickled to death to have friends in Wyoming; I've never been, and that seems so very far away! How did you find my blog; do you remember? Your children are just gorgeous, and I added you to my reading list so I can keep up w/ you. We tired, bloggy mommies have to stick together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Your man's not related to Roald Dahl, is he? We're big fans...:)

      Delete
  2. Brandee,

    Hi, so honored to have you visit me here! I found your blog from Emily's Imperfect Prose and love keeping up with you and your family. It's always so nice to know there are others out there doing the same things, even if we live so far away.

    Wish we related to Mr. Roald Dahl but, nope we're just the Dahl's! Have a wonderful day, my friend. I will be thinking and praying for you and your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to have a new friend! It's my one gift: to always know the real friends right away, even over the Internet! :)

      Delete