Monday, August 26, 2013

Arizona evening


As the sun went down in Arizona tonight, I left the dishes on the counter, grabbed my camera and took my little ones for a walk.

I slowed down and savored all the little things.  Able to see the beauty in everything and I drew in a deep breath.   A deep breath that has been a long time coming.

I was able to see clearly


Yellow flowers in my yard

A sunset that wrapped my world in color.


A three year old.   The one holding the car keys and want to "lock it" over and over again.


A 9 month old.   Putting everything in her mouth and anxious to start walking.


Little fingers working a lock.



And, as I stepped inside my outlook was different.   Brighter and more focused.

We had work to do.


Gabriel designed and baked a "rainbow cake" earlier in afternoon.   It needed some frosting.   


I just stood and watched my boys.  



And, so my night ended in sunsets and sweets.    And, I am beyond thankful!

3 comments:

  1. Inspiring, Kris! Your gratitude is contagious. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris it looks like you are getting settled in and the boys are growing so much. Grace will be walking shortly and you will be on the go more.

    ReplyDelete