Sunday, August 11, 2013

K Graduation




Kindergarten has come and gone.   Owen graduates today.


Owen went to Kindergarten from 11:30-2:30.   I was so thankful for this time.   One last year to have my little Owie home for lunch.  Home in the morning so we could read books and take walks.

My favorite time was right after Gabe left for the morning and Eli was still asleep in his crib.   Owen and I would crawl up on the couch surrounded by a pile of books and read until we would hear Eli's little voice.   We would snuggle up close and both get lost in the stories.

Then, Owen would be ready to go to school.  Most days by 9:00 he would start asking me when it was time to go.   He loved hopping on his bike and riding really fast down the path to the school, going by himself.  Meeting me in front of his class before saying goodbye for the day.


Ready to meet his teacher, Mrs. Telgenhoeff.  Ready to see his best friend, Jake.


And, the day has come when he accepted his certificate and is ready to first grade.   Growing up and ready for all the next year has to offer. 


Good job, Owen.  We love you!






1 comment: