Monday, July 15, 2013

Our Lake



A sacred place.    A place that holds hours of faded foot steps.    

Milestones were reached here.

Balancing on two wheels.

Learning to depend on each other.



This place became my friend.   

A place where Bridger got to run.  Covered by the secret of the dark morning.

And, in the afternoons when I was most lonely, we would walk until we all felt better.  This place breathed life into us.


We ran.  We played.  We rode our bikes.

We watched the king fichers and muskrats.

We counted the baby geese and watched the ducklings.

We trampled cat tails and always brought one home.






We grew here.  A 6 month old baby has turned into a little boy.  Riding his red Strider bike like the wind.    My shy little 2 year old will be in first grade next year.   Forever making his little brother scream. 

I grew here.   

A mama of four who is ready to leave this place and find a new one.   

Thankful for every morning and afternoon spent with my boys in this place.  A place that made us who we are today.


A little girl who won't miss our lake.  Her brothers will tell her about it someday.  And, we will look at all the pictures that I have taken over the past several years.

So, before we go.  We stop by the park one more time.  




One more time on the slide and I know that the next time we come back, we may not want to slide.   It makes me cherish this day even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment