Saturday, September 6, 2014

Botanical Gardens


The beauty of the desert is magical.  I am always amazed by it.  Everything blooms here at the most unexpected times.  I will walk by the same cactus day after day and then one day it will be in full bloom.  Amazing. 


 The Botanical Gardens is a place where we can go and learn about the desert.   We can learn the names of all those beautiful cactus and when they bloom.  So on an afternoon when Bryan and Von were elk hunting, Grammy, the kids,and I went to explore the desert.


 It was hot that day in September yet we made the most of it and had the best time.






This picture cracks me up.    I made my kids sit in an ant pile and tried to get their picture.   They kept telling me that something was biting them and I just keep trying to get them to smile.   Oh well, a few ant bites didn't kill them.


After all the hot Arizona sunshine we went inside for some icecream.



Grace has a special way of enjoying her icecream.


It was the perfect end to a hot day in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment