Saturday, October 11, 2014

Colorado Time



When you know your time is short it makes things so much sweeter.   Time spent on top of a mountain where all you have is each other and the magnificent view.   The days are unforgettable and you don't long to be anywhere else in the world.   Just living in the present moment cherishing the time that you have.


I love this picture of me and Megan.    She is not only my sister but, she is my best friend.   We got to stand on top of this mountain together that day and I love remembering that time.   Yet, I also cherish the closeness that we feel at a distance.   I wait each day for our phone call.   Usually about 3:00.  We usually only talk about our day and the kids and what we are cooking for dinner but, it means the world to me.    We don't live close but, it doesn't really seem to matter.   We are walking this journey through our lives closer than ever.




And the distance doesn't matter to the kids.   They just love being together no matter what.  Here they all are.  Such a cute bunch.




One afternoon we decided to get out and explore the mountains a little bit.   Here we are on our family hike.    
The first interesting site was an old hippy van that was left abandoned.  I guess those hippies just parked it there and decided never to leave.


 Look how tall and beautiful Amaya is.  My words will never begin to describe what an amazing young woman she is.   Everybody knows it and is in awe of her.   I feel so privileged to be her Aunty Kris and to be able to stand beside her and watch her grow up.  



Our next little adventure happened to be a beautiful mountain lake.




And, you can't just walk by such a beautiful place with at least trying to get your feet wet.



For those that didn't fall into the lake, the mud puddle did just fine.   What is it with kids and mud puddles anyway?


 A daddy and his girls.



Gabe looks so grown up in the picture.   I love his Arkansas sweatshirt.   We got this on our fishing trip to Arkansas in the "Money Pit".  And, his most favorite hat in the whole world that his Aunt Megan got for him (which he never takes off).  Quite a handsome 10 year old.


We walked around the lake and found a quiet place to sit.   We sat together to watch the ducks and throw rocks in the water.






We had a wonderful hike and to soon it was time to head back to the house and cook dinner so we could sit in the hot tub.


After dinner,  I found these three sitting on the swing behind the house.  It was so cute that I made everyone get up there for a picture.


And, we took some family pictures.  They turned out really good.   The view sure was unbeatable.




So very thankful for this time that we got to spend together.   So very thankful that Boogernotlickous is shrinking.  So thankful that I took all these pictures to remember our time here.  And, I just know that someday we will have to go back!


And, just before we left this Arizona boy got to remember what it was like to stand out in the snow.




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Love you, awesome post of one of my favorite weekends ever!

    ReplyDelete