Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Did someone say 2?


In the darkness, Gabe shook me on the shoulder "mom, get up, come on, mom, get up".   "It's Grace's birthday and I need some buttons".   I open one eye and look at the clock.  5:30 am.    Grrrrr, it's to early to be awake so I groan a little and say "What, why do you need buttons"?   "For Grace's birthday present" he says.   

It's one of the moments when I want to tell him that we don't have time for buttons this morning.   I have to get breakfast and clean up the dishes and wrap the rest of the presents.   There is no time to start another project.  But, I listen to that small voice that tells me to help Gabe and to be patient with his idea and let him take the lead.

We drag out my sewing kit and cut up an old pink shirt.  I show Gabe how to sew a button.  He makes Grace a small blanket with several buttons sewed on it because Grace's favorite thing in the world is buttons and he wants to make her something special.   Then, he goes into the kitchen and makes her a card.  A pink card with green buttons.   It's the sweetest present that I have ever seen.   It is loving and kind and thoughtful and makes me so thankful.  


After the presents are wrapped, the balloons are blown up, and her princess crown is ready we wake her so we can all be together as a family to open her presents. 





Brothers and Daddy have to go to work and school and my big two year old gets to stay home with me and help bake a chocolate birthday cake.






And, after the cake was made and we found her party dress we were ready to have some friends over for dinner to celebrate!







We had such a good time with Bella and Eva.  We ate dinner and had some cake and even had time for a swim in the hot tub before it was all over.

And, Grace's favorite gift just happened to be a horse she could ride on.



Here is the sweet birthday girl playing with some of her favorite toys.






Happy Birthday to my sweet 2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment