Friday, October 17, 2014

The Farm

I love taking my kids to the farm.    We always stay a little bit to long because we are having so much fun digging in the corn and petting the animals.    By the time we pack our things up and are headed to the car, we are tired and dirty and at least two of the four children are having a complete melt down.   Oh, but it is so worth it.  To be outside with my kids all day and to watch them playing and exploring and just being kids.   It is so worth it!



This year the boys got to show Grace all the amazing sites on a farm.   They are so patient with her.  Showing her every thing and explaining things to her in a way that only kids can explain things.   How amazing is it that she has three older brothers to show her the ropes?


Gabe's favorite thing at the farm was the pregnant Pot Bellied Pig.   He stayed with her for a long time, stoking her back.   He kept telling me how hot and miserable she looked.  And of course he had to show Grace how to properly pet a pig.

  

There was  little pen of baby pigs.  Cutest thing ever.   Grace would point and squeal at them.   She really, really wanted to be able to touch them.


The boys loved the "farm tractors"   They were kind of like bumper cars when they were racing each other and trying to push each other off the track.   



Gracie and I stood and watched the boys go around and around the track and she kept telling me she wanted a turn.   I told her "oh honey, you are too little".  "You can't go on the tractors, you are to little".  Well, that little girl wouldn't take no for an answer.   She stuck out her big bottom lip and started screaming.   So, I yelled at Gabe to come over and take her on his tractor but, that is not what she wanted.   She wanted her own.   So, I decided to pick my battles.  This wasn't one of them.   I put her up on that tractor thinking it was to big and she wouldn't be able to move it.   Boy was I wrong.


She got up there and instead of using the petals because they were to far away from her feet she just pushed with her feet.   As I watched her go around the track several times, I was amazed.   She knew what she wanted and she knew she could be like her big brothers!


Here is Eli and I wanting to jump on big trampoline.


We also got to ride on a train.   Eli especially loved the train.   He loved being able to drive.






Here is Grace going in and out of the little farm houses.


Eli loved the pig shoot.   You go up the stairs and come flying out of the tunnel.    Over and over.   Up and down, up and down.   It was definitely  his favorite part of the farm.



Before we headed home we had to buy our pumpkins.  The kids loved picking one out just for their own.


What a fun day.   A day to leave everything behind and to explore.    A day of getting dirty and being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment