Friday, November 21, 2014

Eli turns 5

  
In August, Gabe turned 10.   I spent all morning making him a cake covered in marshmallow fondant.   I didn't perfect it by any means but, I felt comfortable enough with that I wanted to try it again.   Owen's birthday came and I got out the marshmallows again.   Grace's birthday and more marshmallow fondant.

Each cake Eli would stand in the kitchen watching me melt the marshmallows and roll them out.   He helped me die the fondant and make the finished product.   For weeks as Eli was looking forward to his birthday all he could talk about was having his own cake.    It had to be a Sarah and Duck cake.   He loved the little cartoon called Sarah and Duck.    It was really all he wanted for his birthday.  A Sarah and Duck cake made with marshmallows.  When we went to the grocery store the day before his birthday he double checked that I had enough marshmallows to make his cake.   He was so excited.


He counted out each marshmellow and ate a few in the process.   When Grace wanted to help he wasn't to happy.   He informed her that it was his cake and his birthday.   After a lot of convincing Eli allowed Grace at least to watch us make his cake.




And, here it is.   Eli's cake.   He loved it!


He was so proud and wanted to take it straight over to the park for his party.   Waiting all day was really, really hard!






The afternoon of his birthday we loaded up everything and headed over to Sunset park.   Such a beautiful day for a party.




Happy Birthday Eli!







No comments:

Post a Comment