Saturday, May 7, 2016

Girl's Walk

Saturday morning and the boys head off to the golf course.   These are the mornings that Gracie and I get to have girls time.    

 First comes a bubble bath and then we do our nails and toes.    Next, it's time to head outside for a walk around the neighborhood.  She is so fast on her Strider.   Her little legs push so fast it's amazing.   Auntie Megan says that she looks like Roger Rabbit.


First stop, mail box.   Needed to retrieve a "package" (about 20 times).    This package was full of giggles and wiggles.


Over the years I have learned that walking with a 3 year old really isn't much of a walk.   It's more of time to explore outside and stop every few feet to investigate everything.





Today, we were making sure the ants and bees had enough food and water.    She found them flowers and then tried to lure them into the puddle.


  
As I walked, I wanted to share the flowers with my mom.   She would have loved them.    Taking pictures of them will help her to see them even if she wasn't there.     Even Gracie told me to take a picture for Grandma.


These moments are so very precious to me.   I feel so blessed that I get to experience the simplicity of a walk through the eyes of a 3 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment