Monday, July 4, 2016

Grammy's walking trail

Years ago I found Eva Knepper walking trail close to Grammy's house.  When Eli and Grace were babies I would take Gabe, Owen, and Bridger down to the trail and the boys would spend hours digging in the dirt and getting their feet wet in the little river.    The grass is always really tall and Bridger would run ahead and get lost.    One afternoon, Gabe and I found a log to cross.   He was scared but he overcame his fear and we both crossed several times.  It was a very special moment for me.   Each time I walk down this trail it reminds me how much everyone is growing and changing and all the memories we have shared in this place.


On this day, it was just Grace and Eli.   They boys had fishing plans and that was more important.    I thought of Bridger the whole walk missing having to yell at him to come back.


Neither child really wanted to have their picture taken and I finally had to give up.


Oh, let me tell you about Grace and her gum.   Gum is her favorite thing in the whole entire world.   Last Christmas Santa brought gum.    Every time we go to the store Grace begs for a pack of gum.   She never grows tired of it.    Silly gum girl.





No comments:

Post a Comment