Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tuesday

Favorite part of my day.   Peeling shrimp with Grace.   Her little fingers worked fast and she peeled the shells from those little guys.   We were so engrossed in what we were doing we didn't look up for a long time.   Then I heard a little voice say, "mommy this is fun".   "I love taking the legs off these shrimp with you".    Deep breath.  And saying back. "Me too".

I loved being with Eli as he watched the Rockies.   They lost again but he loved every play.    Always sure they would win at the end.  

I loved beating Gabe at a multiplication race.  He doesn't know his 4s as well as he thought.   More races to come tomorrow.  


I loved getting into a discussion with Bryan after the kids were in bed.  He may not know it but it feels so good to talk adult talk.  To be able to have an opinion.  It just made me feel important.  Validated.  Loved. I only hope I do the same for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment