Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Flea




We ventured out to the flea market this morning.  I love going to the flea market.  Walking around looking at all the wares and watching the people.  I feel very lucky because now my whole family loves to go there.  Going there reminds me of Mexico.  I love the deals, the bartering, and the delicious food.

My dad's friend, Bob Haberman, taught us all about the flea market.  He goes there every week and when my parents are in town we would meet him there.  The first couple of times we went to the flea market, the boys weren't sure what to expect.  Now they love going!  They get to play with the toys laying around and we usually come home with a few things.  Gabe even knows exactly what stores he wants to find.  He remembers exactly where the video game stores are located.  Owen's favorite purchase this morning was a gun that had real bullets and a knife on the end of it.  Grandma will be very impressed with this one.  We also bought sandles for the boys in preparation for our big trip to Arizona next week.

My new find at the flea market is the fruits and vegetables.  We bought a basket of sweet blueberries for 1.00.  Next time I will have to buy two because the boys ate them all up.  Eli loves blueberries.  Bryan got the best deal.  A reel for 10.00.  He looked it up on his blackberry while we were there and it retails for 150.00.  Great little tool at the flea market, a blackberry!

We had a wonderful morning and two of the boys are asleep in the car.  Gabe is playing his new Star Wars game and Daddy is getting caught up on some basketball.  Perfect end to a wonderful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment