Friday, March 4, 2011

Saturday Basketball



What a great season of Basketball.  Every Saturday for 8 weeks we took Gabe to basketball.  First, he had a 1/2 an hour of practice and then they played a game for a 1/2 an hour.  Gabe loved playing and we all really enjoyed watching him play.  We were sad when it was over.

Gabe's coach was named Jeeva and he did an excellent job with the kids.  You would not believe how much they improved from the first game to the last.  The first game all the kids were running around the court not sure what to do, hardly any baskets were made, and nobody passed the ball.  The last game was a totally different story.  You could just see the progress each week.  And, the confidence.  It was great to watch.

I know that nobody wants to hear a mother brag about how great their son is.  But I really feel like I need to mention Gabriel's athletic ability.  I will try not to brag.  Just give the details. Gabriel made 6 baskets his last game.  You give that kids the ball and he shoots it.  The amazing thing is that he doesn't miss.  It was fun watching him make that many baskets.  Even when everyone was yelling at him to pass the ball, he would find an opening and shoot it in the basket.  It was driving his father crazy.  Granted he should have passed the ball more but  I have to admit, I'm darn proud of my little basketball player.  12 points in a game is something to be proud of!






1 comment:

  1. 6 baskets! Way to go Gabe! Tell him I said great job and it is too bad I missed that game. :)

    ReplyDelete