Saturday, December 3, 2011

My week off

My boys never cease to amaze me.  Their passion.  Their drive.  Their love for life.  Their passion for hunting is a perfect example.

All year they have been waiting for hunting season.  They talk about it, practice for it, and wait patiently for it ALL YEAR LONG.

Bryan was able to take off work a few days early and we headed to Buffalo.  You could feel the excitement in the car the entire way.  The boys talking nonstop about all things hunting and Gabriel checking with his dad every 5 minutes about the plan for in the morning.  Bryan kept promising Gabe that they would leave first thing in the morning and head over to Spearfish hunting.  Nobody slept in the car the entire way to Buffalo.

And, so begins my week off as mommy.  From that moment until we headed back to Thornton 6 days later....I didn't see the boys.  They would get up really early in the morning, get themselves ready, and go with their dad deer hunting.  Eli and I missed them tremendously but, I'm pretty sure that they did not miss me.  They loved doing whatever it is that hunters do.

On Friday, all their patience paid off and their dad shot "a big buck".




No comments:

Post a Comment