Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lemon Sharks

My absolute favorite thing to do in the whole world is to go fishing with my boys.   My perfect day is the one in these pictures.  Being outside with the boys.  Spending time together.  And, most importantly, catching big fish.


There is nothing like the excitement when their rod bends and they start reeling in a fish.  "Got one, Dad".  "It's a big one"  they always scream.  On this particular day, Gabe kept calling these trout "lemon sharks".   "Dad, I got another lemon shark", he would scream.  Bryan and I jump up and cheer them on.  "Reel it in, reel it in!"   I just love the excitement of the moment.



As we get the hook out of the fishes mouth the discussion always starts about whether to keep the fish or throw him back.   If it was up to Owen, we would have kept every single fish that we have ever caught.  Bryan and I always try to convince them to throw a few back.  But, most of the time, we just keep them.  I love to eat fish and am always glad to have a few in the freezer.



The fish always end up entertaining Gabe and Owen for hours.  There is just something about playing with a big fish that never gets old.  They put them in the net, put them on a stringer, throw them in the water and drag them around everywhere with them.  

Taking these pictures with their big catch is absolutely priceless.  These pictures tell the story of our family.  How much we love each other and how we can share this passion together as a family.  These days spent together is who we are and it brings me such joy! 

1 comment:

  1. oh, how fun! i love being outside with my boys too. merry christmas friend.

    ReplyDelete