Monday, December 5, 2011

A road trip



One of my favorite kind of days.  A road trip.  Where the destination is known but, the journey is wide open.  Leaving everything behind and just spending time together.  Together as a family, wherever that might take us.

By strapping ourselves into the car, I gain instant freedom.  Freedom from my daily life.  Freedom from the household chores, home cooked meals, and mounds of laundry.   Freedom to just enjoy the day without worrying about all that needs to be done.

It's pure joy as we pull away from the house and all three children are strapped into their car seats.  Safe, confined, and happy to be going on a trip.  As I settle into the passenger seat, every muscle in my body relaxes.  And, on most road trips it doesn't take very long for me to fall asleep (just ask Bryan).  I am so relaxed that I usually can't help myself.

On this particular road trip we were headed just outside of Laramie, Wyoming.  Just to spend time in the mountains and to get out of the city for awhile. 

On this day, beauty was all around us.

I noticed this tree and asked Bryan to stop the car so I could get a picture.  This tree that has been so violently shaped by it's environment but, is beautiful.  It is amazing.

These colors that only nature can replicate.  My favorite colors mixed so perfectly together.


And, this view.  Only God could create something so amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment