Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cowboys in the Big City




Bryan called me on Thursday morning to tell me that he had bought rodeo tickets for Saturday afternoon at the Western Stock Show.  I was so excited!

I love going to the rodeo.  It's one of the sports that I really like to watch and will even watch it on TV, when it is on.  I was also excited for the boys.  It's been a couple of months since they had put on their boots and I was so excited to take them to a rodeo.


The rodeo was so good.  It was fast paced and very entertaining.  The boys loved it!

If you ask Owen what his favorite part of the Rodeo is, he might tell you the cotton candy.  My favorite part, on the other hand, was sitting next to Bryan watching the cowboys ride those bulls.  Looking at their magnificence and strength and trying to imagine riding one of them.  And, thankful that they had the courage to do such a thing so I could sit with my family and be entertained by it all.


I just loved sharing the excitement of the rodeo with the boys in the middle of the winter.   Just waiting until this spring when I can watch my boys ride Pop's horses on their own.  Being outside, learning how to ride and being together as a family.

 

Some of my most special moments as a child are on the back of my horse, Poncho.  Riding next to my dad, sharing time together as we trailed cows.  Spending every afternoon feeding, brushing, and riding our horses made me who I am today.  And, I am feeling very privileged because my boys have the opportunity to experience these things as well.

Yes, my three little cowboys live in the big city but, it doesn't stop us from taking every advantage of the cowboy way of life.











No comments:

Post a Comment