Saturday, April 20, 2013

Our Hosts

There are times in your life when you meet people that make your life so much sweeter.  The kind of people who love on your children like their own.  That open their homes and hearts to you.  That even take you out on a lake fishing in freezing temperatures early in the morning.  Rick and Sharon are those kind of people.  The most kind and generous people that I have ever met.


They invited all of us to their lake house for a week and were the most generous hosts.  I don't think they will ever know how much we really appreciated all they did for us on our vacation.  We had the best time and have memories that my boys will take with them for a lifetime.

I'm pretty sure that we wore all the grandparents out on our week on Arkansas.      But, nobody said anything and I just hope that they had as good of a time as we did.  From the horse races to the 40 pound catfish, we couldn't have had a better time (even with the cold weather).

So, here are a few pictures from our vacation.  One that we will never forget and we feel so lucky to have been able to share our time with such a wonderful couple.  Thank you so much, Rick and Sharon!





As we were leaving the lake house, I turned around and took a shot of this sign on Rick's deck.  It made me laugh and I just thought about Sharon....Yep, I think Rick has found the perfect woman.  One that can do all of this and has a boat, a motor, and a lake house in Arkansas.  Just perfect!


What a wonderful Spring Break!

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these photos, and I love knowing you had a good spring break. Who is the sweet, little dark-haired girl with glasses? (I just love dark-haired girls with glasses.) God bless Rick and Sharon and all the people like them in he world. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandee, she is my sweet niece Amaya. Isn't she beautiful. She came with us on our adventure. Her mom and dad had to work but, she was able to come with us. Looks like you had a great spring break also. Loved your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful. Is she on your side of the family or your husband's? I LOVE being an aunt. I'm crazy-crazy-close to my brother; he has two sons. But my husband's brother has two daughters, soooo...two nephews and two nieces for us. It's just stinky b/c they're all out of state (boo).

    ReplyDelete