Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Break


This week, I sleep a little longer in the mornings.   I take my time and make breakfast without the ticking of the clock that announces 7:30 when the boys leave for school.

I look at our days and wonder what they will entail.  Knowing full well not to plan anything.   I want to just savor this time with my boys and not be on a hurry to go anywhere or do anything.


By the time I join my oldest son in the living room he has completed his masterpiece.   He works on his rainbow loom in the early morning hours.   His bracelets are quite amazing.

As the day unfolds, we decide to take a bike ride.   The desert is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.   Everything is blooming and full of color.


The two littles in the cart and Gabe and Owen riding in front of me.

We ride a LONG way and we are all tired.   I peek behind me to see how the little kids are doing.   Then, my heart melts.


The big kids are whining and complaining because they are hot and tired.   We stop to drink some water and catch our breath.



And, then we smile after our short rest because this unplanned bike ride is just what our souls needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment