Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Savoring

There is a peace that surrounds me during my days.  A peace that has settled over our house like a gentle fog.


It is surrounded by the normalness of our life.   Four year olds, oranges, and laughter.

Laying on the couch together, singing and being silly.


The peace that allows the laughter to come easily.  It allows the songs to be sung without reservations.   It makes room for the joy to seep in.

And, as a little girl toddles over to us we lift her up on the couch also.   She help us sing and brings her own sort of joy along.   Squealing and throwing her head back in laughter.

As we travel through these days we sometimes look forward and the worry robs us of our joy.    

Yesterday, I heard a little voice from the back seat of my Traverse ask "Mom, will we be here next year or are we moving again?"   I turned around at the red light and looked him in the eye.   "Owen, we are going to be here, right here".   "We are together as a family and that is what matters".

I know what he was asking.   I know that deep in his heart he wants to know the future.   He wants to put down roots without reservation but, he is not sure if he should.    My little 7 year old has lived in 7 different houses in 3 different states.   He's just not sure what to expect next.

So, I reasure him the best that I can.   Bryan and I surround him with love and we give each other everything we have.    Our family makes sacrifices to come visit us.     Each moment they are here we hug little harder and love a little more.

And, as one day turns into another we continue to trust.   Trusting in God's plan for us.   Enjoying our blessings.    Savoring each moment one moment at a time.


And, if I savor each little moment and trust in the next, a joy unimaginable is felt in my soul.

So, when little Grace falls asleep after her yogurt I savor it even more.   Thinking about each baby that has fallen asleep in their high chair.   Nope, it hasn't been the same high chair, the same house, or even in the same State but the sweetest of that moment never changes.  Time to be savored no matter where life takes you.








2 comments:

  1. So sweet. Home is where the heart is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandee. Love seeing you kids also. We have so much in common with our little ones!

    ReplyDelete