Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mothers

Women who have made me who I am today.    Who have loved me no matter what and showed me how to do things along the way.

A mother who loved me even when I mowed down all her baby trees with a lawn mower (as a rotten teenager who didn't want to mow the lawn).



A mother who loved me enough to take care of me and my family when I needed her most.   Coming to stay with me through sickness with migraines and broken arms and trips to be with Amaya in Denver.   Even getting up with baby Grace every 4 hours.


A mother who showed me how to love nature.  To walk in thankfulness of God's beauty even when the birds decide to poop on your head.


A mother who gave me her son.   Who raised him and showed him how to love.


A mother who I can tell anything.  Who listens and waits for me to call every Tuesday morning as I drive to bible study.


A mother who loves her granchildren more then anything.  Who understands them better than I do.  Who sleeps with them, takes them to every kids movie ever made, and feeds them LOTS of icecream.  


Sometimes people stare at me as I go through life.  They stare at me in the grocery store with 4 kids hanging off my grocery cart.   They stare at me as I'm sitting in a restaurant with a poopy baby girl, screaming toddler, and two fighting brothers.   They might just wonder why.   And the truth of it is really simple:  LOVE.  The love that I have been shown by my mothers is now the love that I show my children.   For this I am forever thankful. 

Happy Mothers Day to two very special ladies.

1 comment: