Friday, May 16, 2014

To Create


Each day, we are given the power to create.      I create a life that unfolds around me.

And, I think long and hard.   What have I created?  


So, here I stand on my 39th birthday, looking over those fountains at the Belagio.   A birthday created by my husband out of love.   For me.  For us. 


As we stand here together I can see clearly what we have created.  We have created a covenant of marriage.  Standing together only by grace.  Two people who get it wrong most of the time but stand together because our love is stronger.


We have created a life filled with this love and beauty.  

And, it is found in the unexpected places.


It's found in the place we build our lives.   


A beautiful place that was created just for us.



A place where breakfast is eaten.  Where dishes and laundry are done.  A place where a ball is always being thrown or bounced.  Where we watch Super Why over and over and never complain. A place where brothers fight and nothing is fair.  A place where a little girl wanders around with her thumb in her mouth and her buttons clutched in her hand.


This place in the desert.  This place we live.  
A place where the Saguaro's grow tall and majestic. 


Where the flowers never stop blooming.


This place that we share with everyone.


A place created by us by the power of love.   A choice we make each day.
 
Because it's in the knowing that each thought and each emotion has creative potential.   
Knowing that this place could be a dry barren land where everything is scorched by the hot desert sun.   Or, it can be an oasis that replinishes our soul daily.  It's this choice that God has given us.  The choice to conceive, to express, and to enjoy the fruits of our creative power.

So, tonight I ask myself this question.   What have I created today?


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Friend. You're so lovely. I appreciate how determined you are, always, to see the good.

    ReplyDelete