Friday, October 1, 2010

asleep at the wheel

Our mornings start early. We are up and out of the house by 7:20. I really like that we get an early start to our day. By 8:30 we have ridden our bikes to school, dropped Gabe off, and played in the playground before returning home. I am not much of a morning person but, have learned to enjoy my time in the early mornings. Gabriel has always been a morning kid and this morning schedule works well for him also.

How I miss those days that I would have Gabe and Owen lay down in the afternoons and take a nap. I would usually nap with the boys or would take time to get some things done. Those days are long gone. Gabe and Owen absolutely won't hear of taking a nap. I can't even bribe them to take one. Little Eli has to catch is nap whenever he can. Mostly, in the stroller or in the car. But, there are those days that sleep overtakes them where ever they are. I can't force them to take a nap but sometimes their little bodies just can't take it anymore and they fall asleep in the strangest places.

I remember when Gabe was about 2 years old he fell asleep on poor Bridger. Here is Owen after a day at the park. He walked in the house, laid down in the kitchen and fell asleep. Eli fell asleep while playing with me on the couch the other day and I snapped a picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment