Monday, October 18, 2010

mmmmmmmmmmm

Everyday little Eli's personality is getting bigger and bigger. He is starting to have favorite things, laugh at certain jokes, and say little words.

His new favorite sound/word is MMMMMMM. He does this whenever he's hungry or sees a food that looks really yummy. The first couple of time he said it, I didn't connect what he was doing. I thought he was just making noises. Just the other day when he was sitting in my lap looking at some choclate and saying MMMMMMMMM, I knew he was actually saying, "mom, that looks really good, can I have some?"

Today he crawled up to me as I was making breakfast, locked eyes with me and said "mmmmmmmmmm". And, this afternoon he saw Owen with a rice crispie treat and his MMMMMMMM got really LOUD. Enough said, in the high chair you go and let's bring on the food. This communication is so much better then crying!

Here is another favorite activity. Driving. He loves to sit with me in the front seat of a car and drive. He gets the biggest smile on his face. He also has a little toy with a steering wheel that has become his favorite. When he sits on the floor driving it he even makes a car noise. Is this just bred into boys? I'm sure that I never taught any of them to make car noises and all three played this game. How do they learn this stuff? It's just another wonder in my land of boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment