Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Child's play

Many hours are spent playing at the park since our move to Thornton. We have discovered many new parks to play and explore.

Here are the skills that have been mastered since moving to Colorado. Monkey bars, self pumping on a swing, and going down the large twirly slide without help. Not to mention, riding our bikes without training wheels.

My boys need to run. My boys need to climb. My boys need to explore. There are some afternoons I think, let's just stay home today, get some things done around the house, and let Eli take his nap. These are the days that I want to pull my hair out. By the end of these afternoons, I wonder why I torture myself. I don't have nice quiet little girls who like to color and read books. My little ones need to be outside burning off energy so we can go home tired and ready for bed. Everyday I am keeping them busy by allowing them to just be boys. Run, play, yell, scrape their knees, find bugs, swing, and whatever else that boys do.

By the end of the day I always think....have I ever been this tired? Then I think about all the things that we did during the day and I realize that I can rest and relax later because we are having so much fun playing and growing. Right now, there is no time to sit around. We have boy stuff to do.












No comments:

Post a Comment